Bananas are often called one of nature’s perfect foods because they contain all essential nutrients. One of the most important nutritional components of Bananas is that they contain potassium and fiber. Bananas are also high in Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and Vitamin B2. It is one of the best convenience foods for kids as it doesn’t require cooking.
Banana purée or mashed bananas are simple to make and delicious, it also mixes well with many other fruit purees and makes a great first food for babies from 6 months of age. Thinking of replacing refined sugar in your kid’s meal, then this mashed banana is a great option.
See recipe here:
Foods that go well with Mashed Banana for kids are:
- Full-fat Greek yogurt
- Pure Cocoa powder
- For small babies, you can adjust the consistency by adding water/breast milk/formula.
- Always check with your pediatric nutritionist before introducing any new food.
- Refrigerate: Refrigerate banana puree in BPA-free containers for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: Freeze banana puree for up to 3 months.
- Thaw: Thaw overnight in your refrigerator.
READ ABOUT BANANAS HERE